Why LED Lights are Better and Taking Over
Light emitting diodes or LEDs as they are commonly referred to are becoming the choice of lighting everywhere. There are a lot of reasons why LED lights are taking over, here are the big ones;
1. Instant on - Unlike CFL bulbs, LEDs are instant full
brightness. No more waiting for lights to warm up
2. No Flicker - LEDs emit a very clean light that stays on. Doesn't flicker or move.
3. No Mercury - Mercury has been found to have very dangerous health consequences. LED Light bulbs have no mercury or other toxic chemicals inside. When CFL bulbs break, which all bulbs often do, it emits that poison right into the air next to you. Now is a good time to recycle those spiral bulbs and go with a safer option.
4. No Ultra Violet UV rays - CFL lights emit UV rays, increasing the risk of cancer as well as fading everything around it. We spend half our lives wearing hats, putting on sunscreen and wearing glasses to avoid UV rays, yet we continue to have them in our house and businesses.
5. Cleaner light - less distortion and zebra striping. Even at higher color temps, daylight for example, the light is easier on the eyes because its a cleaner more constant light.
6. Energy Efficient- Save energy save money, its that simple. Many LED lights pay for themselves in the first 3-10 years of use. LED lights are reaching up to 150 lumens per watt, which equals big energy savings.
Do you need any more reasons? The only downside used to be cost, but with LED light pricing dropping dramatically it’s a great time to go LED.